In this digital age, small businesses, entrepreneurs and experienced professionals find themselves in a rut when it comes to networking.
Imagine that you met someone for the first time. What do you do? Most people approach the other person and introduce themselves with expectations that the other person responds positively.
However, that may not be the case. Some would find themselves looking for words to keep the conversation going, and others would stand silently allowing awkwardness to dominate the opportunity.
If you’re that ‘awkward’ individual, below are questions that are gear to navigate you through the business #SmallTalk and generate genuine #grassroots conversations and avenues of opportunities.
1. What excites you right now?
2. What are you looking forward?
3. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this year?
4. What’s the most important thing I should know about you?
5. What’s your story?
6. What is one of your defining moments?
7. Why did you choose your profession?
8. What are you currently reading?
9. How can I be most helpful to you right now?